[Seminars] Accelerator Seminar

Ramona Echols rechols06 at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 29 07:27:11 CDT 2019

***ACCELERATOR SCIENCE SEMINAR TODAY***

PRC 201 3:30 PM

Speaker:
Jean-Luc Vay
Lawrence Berkeley

Title:
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTER MODELING OF CONVENTIONAL AND ADVANCED-CONCEPT PARTICLE ACCELERATORS

Abstract:
The LBNL’s Accelerator Modeling Program (AMP) develops the
mathematical models, algorithms and codes for the study of the
physics of the generation, acceleration, propagation and
manipulation of charged particle beams. It manages and provides
the Berkeley Lab Accelerator Simulation Toolkit (BLAST), a set of
high-performance parallel codes for the modeling of conventional
and advanced-concept particle accelerators. We will present the
latest developments in mathematical models and algorithms, code
developments and implementations on the latest computing
architectures, as well as applications to existing or planned particle
accelerator projects. We will also discuss our plans toward the
modeling of extreme particle beams.

Warmly,

Ramona Echols,  EFI/HEP Secretary IV
Enrico Fermi Institute