These instructions work on WindowsXP SP2/Vista with the
EZ-USB Control Panel (EZ-USB_DEVTOOLS...zip, ~61 megs)
(that link may be broken in the future, but it's probably still named something similar on cypress's website if you look here.
(originally from unknown source)
- Plug the device in with EEPROM activated (jumper not connected).
- Using the plug and play wizard, install the ezusb.sys drivers (if not done already).
- Device Manager should recognize it as:
Cypress EZ-USB FX2 (68613) - EEPROM missing
- Connect jumper
- Open up the EZ-USB Control Panel.
- Click on the EEPROM button.
- Choose the fw_async_ifclk.iic file (local copy)
- Unplug the device and plug it back in. Device Manager should now see:
Cypress EZ-USB IDLAB-STD
- At this point it may be required to install the ezusb.sys again.