[Seminars] EFI Colloquium Monday, November 13, 2023

Ramona Echols rechols06 at uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 7 14:49:32 CST 2023

***EFI Colloquium ***

Monday, November 13, 2023
3:30 PM
MCP 201
Light Refreshments at 3 pm

Artificial Intelligence Accelerated Discoveries: Are We There Yet?

Mia Liu, Purdue

Artificial Intelligence advancement in the last decade can boost the discovery potential in modern science experiments. Bringing AI to the data creation of large complex science instruments opens up new possibilities towards discoveries that are currently inaccessible. To harness the Proton-Proton collisions at the highest energy of unprecedented rate at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), paradigm shifting search strategies and innovative instrumentation with AI capabilities are being developed and deployed. I will highlight a few of such opportunities and associated technological challenges in handling the LHC data. I will also discuss the synergistic development in other physical science domains and beyond.

Ramona Echols,  EFI/HEP Business Administrator
University of Chicago | Enrico Fermi Institute
T: 773-702-8113 | E: Rechols06 at uchicago.edu<mailto:Rechols06 at uchicago.edu>
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Remote on Thursdays