[Seminars] Particle Physics Seminar 5/08/23 Jannicke Pearkes, UC Boulder

Ramona Echols rechols06 at uchicago.edu
Thu May 4 10:56:39 CDT 2023

***Particle Physics Seminar ***

Monday May 8, 2023
3:30 PM
MCP 201
Light Refreshments at 3pm

Higgs Pair Production Searches With The ATLAS Experiment At The Large Hadron Collider
Jannicke Pearkes, UC Boulder

Exploring the Higgs potential and electroweak symmetry breaking is one of the main goals of the LHC. Higgs pair production (HH) provides experimental access to the shape of Higgs potential and is the only direct probe of the Higgs self-coupling in proton-proton collisions. In this talk, I will discuss the search for HH production with a focus on the bbγγ channel with the ATLAS experiment at the LHC. I will present the latest joint results in which the bbγγ, bbττ, and bbbb channels were combined to produce some of the most stringent limits on Standard Model HH production and the Higgs self-coupling to date. Based on these results, I will also discuss our projected sensitivity to HH production at the HL-LHC.

Ramona Echols,  EFI/HEP Secretary IV
University of Chicago | Enrico Fermi Institute
933 E 56th Street, MCP 263
Chicago, IL 60637
T: 773-702-8113 | E: Rechols06 at uchicago.edu<mailto:Rechols06 at uchicago.edu>
Hours: 7:30AM – 4:00PM