[Seminars] [Everyone] Lunch Talk Today

David Schmitz dschmitz at hep.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 2 10:54:33 CST 2020

Dear All,

For the lunch talk today we have a guest speaker, Yosuke Ashida, from Kyoto University.  Yosuke recently completed his PhD with Prof. Tsuyoshi Nakaya, who some of you will recognize as a former Fermi Fellow in the EFI (I believe at some point he worked on both the KTeV and CDF experiments).  More recently, Tsuyoshi has been spokesperson of the T2K neutrino experiment in Japan, among many other roles in neutrino physics.

Yosuke, who recently graduated, is I believe on his way to starting a postdoc at Wisconsin, but arranged to visit us on the way.  He’ll talk about his thesis work on T2K and Super-K including:

"Supernova Relic Neutrino Searches in the Present and Future Kamioka Experiments"

Hope you can make it.

Dave

David Schmitz, Associate Professor of Physics
Department of Physics and the Enrico Fermi Institute
University of Chicago
Michelson Center for Physics, 933 E 56th St, Room 247
Chicago, IL 60637
773-702-7477
dwschmitz at uchicago.edu