[Seminars] ACCELERATOR SCIENCE SEMINAR -TODAY

Ramona Echols rechols06 at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 18 07:35:33 CDT 2019

    *** Accelerator Seminar ***

    Please join us TODAY!

    MONDAY March, 18th at 4:15pm in PRC 201

    PUSHING THE LIMITS OF THE ACCELERATOR TECHNOLOGY.
    A PATH TOWARDS THE BRIGHTER BEAM.

    S.S. BATURIN, UCHICAGO

    In this talk I would present current theoretical and experimental activities that are being conducted at the Accelerator Physics Group of the University of Chicago. I will highlight several collaborative efforts with Argonne National Laboratory on the advanced accelerator concepts, in particular I would talk about collinear wake field accelerator prototype being built at Advanced Photon Source and two experiments that are planed at Argonne Wakefield Accelerator facility in collaboration with University of California and Northern Illinois University. I would give an overview of material science research on field emission cathodes and breakdown phenomena that is done in collaboration with the department of Engineering of Michigan State University. In conclusion I will talk about one of the projects of the Center for Bright Beams collaboration, that is focused on gaining insight on the dynamic aperture optimization.