[Seminars] Particle Physics Seminar - Today!

Holly Jaffey holly2 at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 23 10:56:07 CDT 2017

PARTICLE PHYSICS SEMINAR TODAY

Monday October 23, 2017
PRC 201
4:15pm

Speaker: Andrew Mastbaum (UChicago)

Title:   The Short-Baseline Neutrino Program

Abstract: A series of anomalous measurements in the neutrino sector may be hinting at the existence of an eV-scale sterile neutrino, an exciting possibility with significant implications. The Short Baseline Neutrino (SBN) Program at Fermilab aims to definitively address this question, using a set of three high-precision liquid argon time projection chamber (LArTPC) detectors situated in the Fermilab Booster Neutrino Beam, to search for short-range oscillations. I will briefly review the existing experimental evidence, introduce the SBN detectors, and discuss the status of the program and progress towards our physics goals.