[Seminars] Particle Physics Seminar Today! - May 15

Holly Jaffey holly2 at uchicago.edu
Mon May 15 10:29:02 CDT 2017

PARTICLE PHYSICS SEMINAR TODAY

Monday May 15, 2017
ACC211
4:15pm

Speaker: Andreas Kronfeld (Fermilab)

Title:   Recent and Future Results in Lattice QCD

Abstract: Several experimental measurements of flavor-changing neutral-current B-meson processes are in tension with the Standard Model.  In this talk I discuss the lattice-QCD calculations that guide us to this conclusion.  The success of lattice QCD in quark-flavor physics raises the question of its utility in other areas of particle physics.  I will address this question in two specific areas: nucleon-level aspects of neutrino physics and the anomalous magnetic moment of the muon.