[Seminars] EFI Colloquium - Sept 26 at 4:15pm

Holly Jaffey holly2 at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 23 14:58:27 CDT 2016

EFI Colloquium

Monday September 26, 2016
ERC 401
4:15pm

Speaker: John Carlstrom (The University of Chicago)

Title: Cosmic Microwave Background measurements through the Next Decade

Abstract: We will review the current status of cosmic microwave background (CMB)
measurements and the planning for the experimental program for the next decade. The talk will
focus on the science case and the path forward for the stage 4 ground-based experimental program,
CMB-S4, as recommended by P5. The upcoming extremely sensitive CMB measurements will
allow us to stringently test the cosmological model and investigate extensions to it. We will be
searching for inflationary gravitational waves and rigorously testing single field slow roll inflation,
determining the neutrino mass scale, searching for new relic particles, mapping the universe in
momentum, investigating dark energy, testing general relativity and more.

We look forward to seeing you there!