[Seminars] Accelerator Science Seminar - Today!

Holly Jaffey holly2 at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 10 09:35:28 CDT 2016

ACCELERATOR SCIENCE SEMINAR TODAY

Monday October 10, 2016
ERC 401
4:15pm

Speaker: Stanislav Baturin (Euclid Techlabs, LLC, USA)

Title:  Wakefield-based Accelerator Devices

Abstract: When a charged particle bunch passes through a structure such as, for example, a dielectric loaded waveguide, it radiates EM field, called wakefield. The wakefield can act back on the same and the following bunches. Wakefield accelerators or other interesting devices can be constructed taking advantage of such interaction.  In this talk we discuss the principles and performance parameters of such devices, including the upper limit for the wakefield strength and the maximum accelerating gradient.  We then discuss a particular wakefield device—streak camera and its limiting resolution