[Seminars] Particle Physics Seminar - Today!

Holly Jaffey holly2 at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 3 10:24:47 CDT 2016

PARTICLE PHYSICS SEMINAR TODAY

Monday October 3, 2016
ERC 401
4:15pm

Speaker: Carlos Wagner (UChicago/ANL)

Title: Supersymmetry and Higgs physics in the light of LHC data

Abstract: After the discovery of a Higgs-like resonance in 2012, the LHC experiments have been studying its properties in great detail. It is today clear that this new particle has properties that are close to the ones of the Standard Model Higgs boson. However, although most signal strengths are close to the Standard Model predictions, there are still large uncertainties regarding the coupling of this scalar resonance to third generation fermions. In this talk we shall discuss the current experimental status, and motivated by it, present possible scenarios in which the Higgs couplings deviates from  the SM values. In particular, we shall analyze the possible realizations of these scenarios within low energy supersymmetric extensions of the Standard Model. As an alternative scenario, we shall also  discuss the phenomenological consequences of a Higgs boson with Standard Model properties within low energy supersymmetry.