[Seminars] Particle Physics seminar - Today!

Holly Jaffey holly2 at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 28 10:04:48 CST 2016

PARTICLE PHYSICS SEMINAR TODAY

Monday November 28, 2016
ERC 401
4:15pm

Speaker: Richard Kessler (UChicago)

Title:  Non-DE Results from the Dark Energy Survey

Abstract: We have completed 70% of the Dark Energy Survey's 5-year program to scan 1/8 of the sky in 4 passbands (griz). While we numerous Dark- Energy analyses are ongoing, I will instead discuss a few recent non-Dark-Energy results:
1) search for dark matter in newly discovered dwarf satellites,
2) optical follow-up to gravitational waves found by LIGO, and
3) a few solar system updates.