[Seminars] Particle Physics Seminar Today! - May 16

Holly Hernandez holly2 at uchicago.edu
Mon May 16 08:56:18 CDT 2016

PARTICLE PHYSICS SEMINAR TODAY

Monday May 16, 2016
ERC 401
4:15pm

Speaker: Reina Camacho (UChicago)

Title: Searches for New Physics in boosted diboson topologies at ATLAS

Abstract: The large increase in collision energy that the LHC reached in Run 2 provides an unprecedented opportunity to search for new physics beyond the Standard Model (SM). Various extensions of the SM predict the existence of heavy resonances at the TeV scale, which couple predominantly to the Higgs and electroweak gauge bosons. At high resonance masses the hadronic decay products of these energetic bosons tend to be highly collimated and the usual identification techniques fail to disentangle the decay products of our bosons. In this seminar I will describe the jet-substructure techniques explored by ATLAS analyses and present the results of the ATLAS searches using Run-2 data.