[Seminars] Special *Tuesday* HEP Seminar @ 4:15pm (Tues May 20th) in ACC 211: Marcel Vos, IFIC

David W. Miller David.W.Miller at uchicago.edu
Wed May 14 13:47:11 CDT 2014

Dear all,

This coming Tuesday, May 20th at 4:15pm in ACC 21, Marcel Vos (IFIC Valencia) will be presenting a Special HEP Seminar titled:

Precision measurements of the top quark mass and highly energetic top quark properties

The seminar focuses on two hot topics in top physics at the Large Hadron Collider, reviewing recent results and discussing prospects for future progress:

- The LHC opens a window on the production of highly energetic top quarks. A brief overview is given of the tools developed to deal with the boosted decay topology. I review the sensitivity in searches for new physics from the LHC experiments and discuss the prospects for future studies of boosted top quark production.

- With the combination of Tevatron and The top quark mass measurement has reached a 750 MeV precision. Existing measurements are reviewed and the envisaged evolution of the precision. I discuss the limitations of the current strategy and compare the potential of several alternative approaches.

Regards,
David