[Seminars] lunch seminar TODAY (Sep/18)

Yasuyuki Okumura Yasuyuki.Okumura at cern.ch
Wed Sep 18 08:13:08 CDT 2013

Dear all

I would like to announce that our regular lunch seminar today. Title of the
talk "Boosted Heavy Particles: A Window to New Physics at the LHC". As
usual we will meet around noon for lunch with the talk starting around
12:15pm. Please see below for the abstract.

See you there,

Regards,
 John, Bjoern, Yasu

Abstract : The high energy of LHC collisions opens up a new kinematic
frontier to explore, populated by highly boosted massive particles and
perhaps even new resonances. A proposed novel search for pairs of highly
boosted Higgs bosons is described, which has great discovery potential for
new physics, even in the current LHC datasets. Jet substructure techniques
which can extend the search reach for boosted particles to very high
momenta are described and recent results from the ATLAS experiment on these
techniques and their use in searches are reported."

--
University of Chicago - Fermilab - ATLAS