[Ftk_hardware] crates

Paola Giannetti paola.giannetti at pi.infn.it
Thu Mar 24 09:57:00 CDT 2011

Mel Shochet wrote:
> Thanks Paola.  The biggest concern of the review committee was the 48
> volts, its grounding and noise issues.  If you think that the power
> may be a factor of 2 lower, that makes a big difference.
We have to do better tests in stress conditions, but it could be true.
Obviously this could be true for the old chip and not for the new one,
we can still need more than 2 pins, but we could find different
solutions even in the VME crate, if the we find problems with the crate
we are going to test now. We can fill the crate with many boards and see
how it works. Changing the wiring of the power is not very expensive.

Regards
                       Paola