[Ftk_hardware] crates

Mel Shochet shochet at hep.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 24 09:30:11 CDT 2011

Thanks Paola.  The biggest concern of the review committee was the 48
volts, its grounding and noise issues.  If you think that the power may
be a factor of 2 lower, that makes a big difference.  On our side, I
looked at the ATCA specs for transition boards.  The depth of the card
is very small, in all likelihood much too small for all of the
functionality we need on the AM AUX card.

At the April 5 meeting, Ted will talk about the possible use of ATCA in
the DF crates.

                        Regards,
                        Mel